Saturday, June 23, 2012

Out On A Limb's Repost OC: A Memory (101 Words)

I wrote this for an Open Call a couple of years ago in my first life on OS. The idea was you had to write a story in 101 words. I put it up when I came back to OS and started blogging again. However, no one saw it, so I thought I would try it again. :)

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* A Memory (101 Words)


Running barefoot across the scorching grass to my grandfather's shop. The July sun beating down on me. Stopping just inside the shadowed doorway, my eyes adjusting, the soles of my feet absorbing the blessed coolness of the cement.

While I wait for the whine of the saw to stop, I breathe in sawdust, turpentine and varnish. As it slows I call, "Hey, Pop!" I run to hug him. My ten year old head just the right height to smell the Red Man in his shirt pocket. I hop on the counter, content to be in the presence of my favorite person.

No comments:

Post a Comment