Friday, June 22, 2012

Alysa' Open Call - New Favorite Things

Here is a list of some new things that make me happy.

 1.  Residence Inn -  Good free breakfast, good free dinner, pretty good free internet and I can turn the heat up to 80 degrees and walk around in shorts and a tank top.  It's too damn expensive to do that at home.

2.  Easy Wonderful - Guster is one of my most favorite bands ever.  Easy Wonderful is their most recent album.  I have played it non-stop since I got it.  
Do You Love Me?

3. Jellypop shoes - I almost always wear Doc Marten boots or Born flats if I am not barefoot.  Heels are horribly uncomfortably and I sound like a Clydesdale when I walk.  These heels are awesome.  They fit, I can walk all day in them and they are cute and quiet.  

4. Kresley Cole and Nalini Singh's new books - Yeah, yeah.  I like paranormal romance.  Sue me.  I read other stuff too.  I just cannot stand most modern fiction with it's "I'm-s0-smart-I'm-having-some-sort-of-existential-life-crisis-someone-dies" themes.  And why is it ok to read Stephen King, but not romance novels?  Let's see, murderous telekinetic scapegoat prom queen or murderous rabid family pet or murderous humanity annihilating virus versus a rage demon and a valkyrie trying to save the world and having sex while they do it.  I'm good with the rage demon and the valkyrie.  You pays your money, you takes your choice.

5. Insomnia -  Insomnia has decided to become my new best friend and I have decided to embrace it.  Just gives me more reading time.

No comments:

Post a Comment