Saturday, June 23, 2012

Missing Out

My training this week has been great and I know it will help me with my job, but I am a bit bummed out too. My daughter just called me to tell me about her induction ceremony into National Honor Society. Last night she was given for awards for her participation in Amnesty International, Youth in Government (writing and presenting bills for a statewide student legislature), Mock Trial Competition, and Speak Your Mind (Current Events Forum). And I missed that too. Although she also missed it because the soccer team had an away game last night.

Monday I visited George Mason University and tomorrow I go to George Washington University and American University to look them over. She really wants to go to school here in the DC area, but I don't know how we'll swing it. She is very interested in Georgetown, but that isn't happening. The reality is a 3.65 GPA, all honors and AP classes, 13 clubs, soccer, a regional title in policy debate, three honor societies, and tutoring gifted kids for the A+ program (and this doesn't even touch next year) isn't enough. I refuse to tell my sweet, bright, beautiful child that she is not enough.

So take that Georgetown! We don't need you. There are like 2,774 four year colleges in the US. We still have 2,770 to go.

(I'm proud of you sweetheart!)

No comments:

Post a Comment